Post Date: November 15, 2019
Hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. M-F
Responsible for the daily processing and fulfillment of clinical and administrative work orders for repairs, relocations and all maintenance requests. Also:
- Determine and coordinate subcontractor work orders, obtain basic quotes, monitor subcontractor performance and recommend preventative property maintenance as required. Pursue cost savings and avoidance and purchase durable goods and supplies. Recommend new contractors as necessary.
- Knowledgeable of city and state building codes and able to understand and interpret blueprints, and working knowledge of mechanical and electrical details relevant to facilities.
- Monitor daily activities in facilities, report all observed code violations or building problems to department manager, making recommendations for correction.
- Assist with the coordination of moves, closes, and relocations, may require disassembling and reassembling furniture, painting, etc. Also participate in safety training and drills.
- Determine work schedules and methods for accomplishing all maintenance requirements.
- Performs preventative maintenance, on TWPMC facilities equipment at each location as needed.
- Maintain proper fuel levels in company vehicles, take vehicle in for preventative maintenance as needed and keep vehicles clean internally and externally by removing trash, and taking to auto wash as necessary.
- Monitor and respond to TWPMC end user concerns, complaints and applicable suggestions
- Responsible for assisting with all TWPMC sales as needed, to move furniture or equipment and assess space needs for installation of modular and stand alone furniture.
- Monitor boiler room equipment for abnormalities, reporting as necessary to manager. Also, responsible for ordering preventative maintenance for all facilities as required (includes boilers, boiler computer, plumbing pumps, electrical, elevators, fire systems, etc.).
- Ensure contractor treats cooling towers with proper chemical levels throughout year as required
- Responsible for obtaining prior management approval before purchasing maintenance equipment, service or supplies exceeding specified monthly spend level and equipment; submit invoice or acknowledgements to department manage
- Endeavor to make repairs before contacting a contractor; must always obtain contractor quote before hiring (except in building emergencies).
- Handle interior painting, strip and wax, carpet cleaning, maintain landscape sprinkler systems.
- Responsible for coordinating and changing all HVAC filters at each location as required.
- Responsible for key control and lock management at all TWPMC facilities; includes maintaining, updating key log, key codes, making keys, purchasing keys, ensuring that keys are fitted to proper master; required to get requester sign off before distributing key.
- Meet required deadlines on work orders, municipal preventative maintenance requirements
- Monitor performance of waste management, medical waste management, landscaper’s snow removers, etc. Report concerns or suggestions to department manager
- May be required to interact with city municipal officials periodically
- Assist with mail courier pick-up and delivery from TWPMC clinics and Administration facility; also perform cash run, delivering cash and receipts to Finance in a timely manner in the absence of Mail and Materials Coordinator (includes appt. reminder notices)
- Ability to work under little supervision, while executing work orders and special projects, meeting required deadlines.
- Possess interpersonal skills with all levels of management, outside contractors, co-workers and tenants.
- Organizational skills; good written and verbal communication and discrete handling of confidential materials
- Possess and maintain a good driving record as required by company insurer
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Knowledgeable of OSHA and MIOSHA laws and regulations
- Perform other duties as needed/or as assigned.
FORMAL EDUCATION REQUIRED: High school graduate or equivalent along with any special training or certifications in the maintenance trades.
Computer Skills: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and web navigation skills.