Post Date: September 25, 2019
Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. M-F
Assist patients in determining and expressing personal wellness goals for recovery through the use of individual face-to-face and/or group sessions and utilizing ongoing individual and group sessions to equip patients with tools on how to build effective coping strategies. Additionally:
- Assist patients with locating and joining existing support groups in their local community.
- Provide patients with information regarding recovery process.
- Assist patients in connecting with transportation resources.
- Provided weekly/monthly follow up phone calls.
- Adhere to corporate and department policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as an active member of the treatment team.
- Provide and support an environment that fosters diversity and recognizes the contributions of all individuals.
- Provide a healthy and safe work environment for all employees, taking steps to ensure that their employeesare aware of, and follow safe working laws, regulations and practices.
- Ensures that The Wellness Plan Medical Center is in compliance with privacy and security regulatoryrequirements of the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- Ensure compliance with The Wellness Plan Medical Centers’ Affirmative Action Program.
- Ensure that customer service excellence standards, service steps and principles are practiced daily withinternal and external customers to the organization.
- Performs other duties as needed and/or assigned.
High school diploma or GED graduate. Bachelors Degree preferred. Certified Peer Support Specialist or Recovery Coach.
- Knowledgeable about community resources.
- Experienced in working with persons with substance use disorders and mental illness.
- Knowledge of the Recovery process and the ability to facilitate recovery using established evidenced based treatment approaches.
- Demonstrate clinical and interpersonal skills necessary to establish therapeutic relationships with patients.
Computer Skills: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and web navigation skills.