The Wellness Plan Medical Centers strives to provide patients and the community with information on how to get informed and stay informed about important healthcare issues and how to stay healthy or find answers to key questions. As a trusted patient-centered medical home, we want our patients to know that our organization fights for the rights of our patients to receive high-quality healthcare no matter what your economic background is.
As a federally qualified health center, the services that TWP provides is dependent on political changes and regulatory changes. We always want to keep our patients up to date on the latest industry news and healthcare industry changes.
RSS NACHC Blog
- NACHC’s Quality Center: Leading Change with Virtual Care
- Fighting Vaccine Mistrust in Mississippi
- Introducing a New Model Protocol for Health Centers to Address Intimate Partner Violence and Exploitation
- Planning and Partnerships for COVID-19 Vaccination: One Community Health
- Q&A: Paula Gómez, Brownsville Community Health Center
RSS Modern Healthcare Breaking News
- Beyond going neutral: Addressing healthcare's supply chain poses the next big environmental challenge
- Supreme Court doesn't block Texas abortion law, sets hearing
- Another health plan targets dual-eligibles through Medicare Advantage-as-a-service
- Even with more transparency, hospitals still charge wildly different amounts for the same procedure
- 23andMe to acquire telemedicine platform company Lemonaid Health for $400M in cash, stock
How to Help
Unfortunately, not everyone in the United States has access to healthcare. That’s where TWP comes in. We try to fill the void as a medical provider for those who are underinsured or uninsured. Funding organizations like TWP and other FQHCs helps to give trusted health services to people who otherwise would not have access to quality healthcare.
The Wellness Plan Medical Centers is a Federally Qualified Health Center and is a Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) deemed facility, which means it is backed by the federal government. As an FQHC, TWP qualifies for a reimbursement designation from the Bureau of Primary Health Care and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services of the United States Department of Health and Human Services. This designation is significant for several health programs funded through the Health Center Consolidation Act (Section 330 of the Public Health Service Act).
Anyone can be an advocate for healthcare. As an FQHC, The Wellness Plan Medical Centers looks to members of the community to take action and have their voices heard when it comes to the healthcare industry. Keeping organizations like The Wellness Plan Medical Centers active and supported helps us continue to provide healthcare to those who otherwise would not have access to quality, trusted health services, if any at all.
However, the needs of the community are great and difficult to fulfill even with those additional reimbursements. That’s why we welcome your help and support. In addition to spreading the word about The Wellness Plan Medical Centers and other FQHCs around your community, we welcome any sort of volunteerism in our programming and events, and support through monetary donation.
The Wellness Plan Foundation
The Wellness Plan Foundation receives all the grants, funding and donations that are then given to The Wellness Plan Medical Centers. The Foundation also is involved in other charitable functions. All of the money raised and received by the Foundation is used to support the operations of The Wellness Plan Medical Centers and its clinics.
The Wellness Plan Foundation is based in Detroit. Anthony King is the principal officer of The Wellness Plan Foundation. For questions, please contact Brenda Jackson at email@example.com or (313)-202-8550.